Sunday, April 24, 2011

In My Mailbox - Actual Mail!

Part of the reason I haven't been doing IMM lately is because while I review the vast majority of books (at least YA) that I read, I didn't want anyone to see a book, notice I didn't review it, and then come to the conclusion that I hated it or anything.

I may be over thinking that? I'm not sure. In any case: I do review most of the books I read. But there are so many reasons for the ones I don't review -- yeah, maybe I didn't like it. But also maybe I couldn't figure out the right words for the review or I waited too long and then forgot so much of the book. Unless I get a book specifically for review, I no longer feel like I have to review it.

Anyway.

BOOKS.
Bookswap: Of course I wanted to read the fourth (and final?) Ruby Oliver book. This is the one series of books that me and my sister both love, so I actually got this for her. But of course I had to read it first because I'm nice, but not that nice.

Gift: This one I'm really excited about as the author/my friend Chelsea sent it to me. WOOT! And the topic is one I'm super interested in and I'm excited to read her story and see how she handled it. This is one of those that I may or may not review. Reviewing memoirs is hard enough as-is (I had a very difficult time with the last Louder Than Words book I reviewed), but the added fact of Chelsea being a friend makes it even more difficult. But in any case, I am super jazzed about finally reading it.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, Jordyn, you are totally overthinking it! :) I don't think anyone would notice.

    I love the E. Lockhart series! I hope you love the last book.

    Here's what's in my mailbox this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are definitely overthinking. I post my IMM every week and plenty of times you won't see a review for the books, at least not for quite awhile, because I have a lot to read and it takes awhile and my reviews end up posted a month after I read it and whatnot. Or maybe I get sent an unsolicated book that doesn't interest me as a reader. It's just a nice way to share what MAY be upcoming on the blog, I promise not to hold it against you if you don't review every single one ;)

    Here's my mailbox this week:
    http://inthenextroom.blogspot.com/2011/04/in-my-mailbox-april-17th-23rd-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab set! I've heard good things about Rae. I should check it out.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete