Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ten Songs That Could Be YA Novels


  1. Tattoo, by Jordin Sparks
  2. Boys With Girlfriends, by Meiko
  3. Breakaway, by Kelly Clarkson
  4. Crazy Summer Nights, by Hope Partlow
  5. TiKToK, by Ke$ha
  6. You Still Shake Me, by Deanna Carter
  7. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful), by MIKA
  8. If I Die Young, by The Band Perry
  9. Bad Reputation, by Joan Jett
  10. Better Than Revenge, by Taylor Swift (this is sort of horrible audio quality, SORRY)
These are all songs I think would make excellent inspirations for YA novels. At least three of them I've used in the playlists for my writing and sometimes I just think if someone took a song and put it in novel form it could be, depending on the song, the greatest. thing. ever.

What songs do you think would make great YA novels?

4 comments:

  1. Mat Kearney's "Young Dumb and in Love."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I've started one based on the Oasis song "Wonderwall" sooo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a list! Apparently Remembrance is based on Love Story by Taylor Swift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think pretty much any Taylor Swift song can be a young adult novel!

    ReplyDelete