Friday, February 17, 2012

TGIF: Book Blogger Pride

This week's TGIF question from GReads is this:

What do you take pride in when it comes to blogging?

Honestly what I'm most proud of are the books that I read, love, and talk about. One of my big goals when I started blogging was to highlight books I'm passionate about -- contemporary, underrated books that maybe most people haven't heard of or read. A lot of my favorite books have always been the underdogs, books that never hit the bestseller list, aren't face out in bookstores, and are a little quieter than others might be, and I'm so thrilled to have a platform -- even a small one -- to highlight those books. Because I want the authors of the books I love to be able to keep writing for an audience. I want to be able to be a part of that audience.

6 comments:

  1. Yay - I love your answer of championing underrepresented books! And I'm sure the authors and other readers appreciate it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that you like championing books that you enjoyed that may have gone under the radar. Hidden gems are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do rock at championing underrated books. I would never have bought Leverage if not for your consistent championing of it. That's some well deserved pride. :-)

    ReplyDelete