Monday, July 29, 2013

55 Reading Questions (11-20)


11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
Fairly often, if you consider my comfort zone to be realistic YA. But not too often if you consider my comfort zone to be fiction as a broad subject; I aim to read more nonfiction. I always aim to read more nonfiction I just have a difficult time finding a lot of nonfic I'm really passionate about.

12. What is your reading comfort zone?
Ha. See above.

13. Can you read on the bus?
I don't ride the bus often (or ever?), but yeah, I can definitely read in a moving vehicle.

14. Favorite place to read?
I like to read in a sunny spot, like a cat. A cat who has learned to read. And if it's cold out, then by the heater.

15. What is your policy on book lending?
Do it! I tend to force my books on my family -- right now both my sister and my dad have books I've shoved at them, promising they'll like them. I don't tend to lend books to people I don't know well, because I am pretty protective of my books and like to know they'll come back to me unharmed. Of course, this doesn't explain why I keep letting my dad, who likes to give books away after finishing them, borrow my books.

16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
As a general rule, NO! That is awful. But (but but but) if a book is old and worn out already, then I will.

17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
I have, but I don't generally. I don't know. I go back and forth on this issue.

18. Not even with text books?
Okay, I definitely wrote in text books. And I write in my Bible (more like underlining/highlighting, not actual notes in margins though). But novels? Less often.

19. What is your favourite language to read in?
Well, I enjoy english seeing as it's the only one I know.

20. What makes you love a book?
I fall hard for great characters and character/relationship dynamics. Every book I love has either a strong character or a strong relationship at the center of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment