Friday, July 26, 2013

My Reading, of Late

I don't know what I'm doing lately, as far as blogging goes. Blogger? Tumblr? Nothing? Who knows!? But I do miss blogging, and would love to start up regularly again, although I haven't been reading much lately. (My reading stats for 2013 would make most bloggers weep and gnash their teeth.) Still, here's a little update on what I've been reading these past few months. I did a massive reread of the entire A Series of Unfortunate Events series over on my tumblr, and since then my reading life has been quite, quite sad for the most part. However, I have made it through a couple of books, with varying success.

The first book I read was this old(ish) Rachel Vail novel, published way back in 2006. I found it cheap at a used & new bookstore and since it's been on my list for ages I finally had to purchase it. I read this one a little out of order because, quite honestly, I wasn't a fan of the book but wanted desperately to find out how it ended. (And it did not end how I expected.) Not great.

The latest Sarah Dessen novel on the other hand? If I were a poet I'm sure I could write entire sonnets about this one. I read it on a long drive home from a weekend trip and it was everything I wanted in a book, and then some. Definitely one of Dessen's best.

Right now I'm reading an adult novel about a group of old acquaintances who reconnect over yoga. I've been searching for some awesome chick-lit (for lack of a better term) stories, so I bought this and another book at a thrift store. So far this isn't exactly all I wanted it to be; it's entertaining, but I don't love the characters, but we'll see.

So, what have you been reading in my absence? Anything great and wonderful?




No comments:

Post a Comment